7 reasons to use an interior designer on your next project
There are many reasons for seeking an interior designer’s help with your home or business makeover. Some are pretty obvious but some might surprise you!
Saves you time and hassle
An interior designer will do all the time-consuming leg work for you.
- They source samples and swatches of fabrics, wallpapers, flooring, tiles and any other materials that will be used in your scheme.
- A designer will contact specialists (if needed) to fully research all the ins and outs of your project.
- Designers keep up to date with all the latest trends and new products on the market so you don’t have to.
- Getting quotes from suppliers and contractors can take a lot of time and an interior designer can pull all these together for you.
Plus, of course, a designer takes away the hassle of figuring out what colours, materials, patterns, accessories and art to choose, and where to put them all.
Saves you money
Yes, really. You might think that it’s more expensive to use a designer – they’ll charge you a fee and persuade you to buy lots of fancy- schmancy furniture and décor that you can’t afford, right?! Not so.
Well OK, the fee part is true. But a good designer will save you costs amounting to more than their fee:
- You name your budget, we stick to it (we can help you figure out an appropriate budget too).
- Interior designers work with suppliers for soft furnishings, furniture, lighting, flooring etc. and can often secure preferential prices for their customers.
- Avoid costly mistakes – a designer makes sure the design is right and the contractors are fully briefed before work starts, avoiding any nasty surprises down the line.
Smoother build process
Have you ever started a DIY or home renovation project, only to find that it takes twice as long and costs far more than you originally thought? I hear this from my clients, friends and family all the time!
Interior designers plan projects down to the last detail. We produce in-depth drawings, schedules and specifications for the various tradespeople and specialists to work to.
We work closely with contractors to spot potential issues up-front. Of course, even the best professionals can’t always predict every eventuality. Sometimes unexpected surprises lurk beneath floorboards, false walls and layers of wallpaper. Your interior designer is on hand to deal with these situations for you.
Express your personality (or brand)
One of the most enjoyable parts of my job is matching schemes to my client’s personality and taste – it needs to feel like “you”.
This is important for commercial spaces that need to represent a brand. An interior designer will bring your brand to life in the space.
Customers should have a continuous brand experience from every interaction with your company. Interior designers work with your brand to provide a smooth brand experience from your website, social media and print materials (menus, brochure) into your physical premises.
Increase property value
The design of your interiors is so important when selling your home. Great interiors will increase the property value, make it stand out from the competition and help you get a quick sale.
A space you love
Interior designers love designing amazing interiors that work for their clients. On a practical level and stylistically, our aim is always to create spaces that our clients adore.
We want you to be super proud of your home or business and delight in showing it to your friends and family (and customers).
You’ll enjoy it!
Last of all, working with an interior designer should be great fun! Their enthusiasm should be contagious and they will bring exciting new ideas, imagination and creativity to inject life and vitality into your interiors.